<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hunting Trip

Actually looked at some condos this morning. Six of them. Well, five, since the realtor who was supposed to show us the first one ran late and then couldn't find the right keys, but five and what seemed like a really nice lobby. I have never seen such stunning mailboxes.

A couple of the places I really liked. It turns out that I'm kind of a whore for crown moldings and rounded drywall, etc. I also enjoy large closets with lots of little organizers in them and have an appreciation for fine window furnishings. Plus it was fun to look at the rooms and imagine how I would make them so much more awesome just by living there. My Paula Abdul poster really classes up any place I live.

But it's also weird because every place sort of has its drawbacks. It'll have an amazing master bedroom, but be across from a hog rendering plant. It will be the perfect distance from the train, but have plumbing from the 1950s. It will have the perfect floor plan, but Ann Coulter will be your next door neighbor. You don't want to end up having to pay a fortune in exorcism costs, you know?

In the end I suppose I'm cautiously optimistic. After all, I chose my current apartment after looking at a total of four properties, and it's ended up being a fairly amazing place to live (so long as you don't mind a pidgin-speaking maintenance crew and the occasional laundry room smash-up). I can only hope that I will devote the same minimal amount of attention to this search and end up with a similarly undeserved happy ending.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?