<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 08, 2007

Accomplishments

It was a pretty big weekend at my house. Roommate Liz and I have fully succumbed to our Midwestern instincts and taken up crafts in a major way. I spent literally hours carefully finessing a fine paint by number of a golden retriever puppy climbing over a log while Roommate Liz began knitting class and, along with it, the construction of the world's tiniest white scarf. Once I finish my paint by number (or PBN, as those of us in the know call it) I'm planning on getting a hot glue gun and making some nice mosaics from the shards of broken glass in the alley behind the condo. Plus I have procured several puzzles that I intend to roll out over the next few months. Needless to say, it is going to be a very long winter.

In other arenas, I also finished a terrible, terrible sketch (sample line: "What your father's trying to say, Billy, is that your Grandma Blanche is in hell now.") for a potential show later this year and went for a several mile run along the lake. This latter item was a bit of an accomplishment simply because, before this year, I continually found myself unable to run in long pants. I'm not kidding. I would always overheat and get a terrible headache and feel like I was going to pass out. But yesterday despite wearing the dark green Abercrombie track pants that I bought in college and used to actually wear to class when I was in law school (ever the fashion plate), I was just fine. I'm not sure if there's an award of some kind for this, but I really feel I ought to receive one.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?