<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Demands, Demands, Demands

Roommate Liz is always brightening my day with her fun little surprises. She'll leave a picture of New York (the VH1 star, not the city) under my covers or a bag of pork cracklings in my shower. She figured out how to use our fireplace. She's knitting me a scarf right now. But she really outdid herself this week when she introduced me to the vast, wonderful world of Comcast On Demand television.

Now, I'd checked out On Demand before, but I somehow thought it was just a place you go if the 3000 airings a week of Sex & the City on TBS aren't quite enough for your or if you really, really want to watch Weekend at Bernies 2 and you want to do it now. It turns out, though, that Comcast Local features some amazing programing, such as a series of pet adoption ads where adorable, hyperactive puppies are described by laconic, unkempt veterinary assistants, and a whole bunch of video personal ads, where shellshocked-looking singles answer questions like "If you could have a superpower, what would it be?" and "Why should someone date you?" They also have a segment where they film the people from the personal ads going out on dates with each other at exotic locations like Navy Pier with predictably awkward results. It's heaven in a box, my friends.

And as if that's not enough, there's also a category called "sports and fitness," where they have workout programs like Urban Jams ("urban" apparently means "loud") and Latin Grooves (taught by a mushmouthed lady in a spangly silver skirt). Don't be surprised if I'm benching 350 by the end of the month.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?