<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Independence, Day

I had a pretty nice fourth, as it turned out. When I woke up, Halle Berry's Catwoman was on TV, which is how I would like to start every day, if only it were socially acceptable. I just enjoy watching Oscar winners rub catnip across their faces sensually, is that so wrong? Then I took the train down to my sister's place, which gave me the opportunity to eavesdrop on strangers and confirm that their lives were no more interesting than my own. Then we had several hours of pool time, which actually involved very little time in the pool and much more time spent reading old issues of Us Weekly in the sun and eating a Potbelly's sub with my shirt off. It's a real advantage to not have to worry about getting mayonnaise on your clothes.

We briefly checked out the Navy Pier fireworks, but did not bother to go any closer than the yard in front of my sister's building. And indeed we were rewarded for our sloth, for upon returning to her apartment, we discovered that there were approximately ten million different fireworks displays going on in various neighborhoods and suburbs to the south and east, all of which we could see from the comfort of the couch. Well, relative comfort. My sister inherited whatever gene my parents have that keeps them from turning on the damn air conditioning.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?