<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Blessed Event

So my sister got married. It was a very nice wedding, if I do say so myself. The quality of the reading was just through the roof. We devised a playlist for the reception that had a sizable late '90s/early '00s section and a minimum of slow songs, and Former Roommate Liz and I did an epic impromptu dance duet to Van Halen's "Jump." (This time it was solicited, which really adds to the fun.) There were cupcakes and cookies and the alcohol flowed freely. And my understanding is that it was legal and binding, so that's a good thing.

My parents were here for several days in the run-up to the wedding. This did not start out ideally, as they managed to arrive in Chicago during rush hour and thus spend an hour sitting in traffic followed by a half hour waiting for the valet at my sister's garage. And then they couldn't get my sister on the phone, causing them to have to sit in the lobby of her building for another fifteen minutes under the watchful gaze of the doorman who looks like former RNC chairman Michael Steele. Oh, and my mother spent the first two days with an upset stomach, while my father developed some problem with his knees that caused him pain when walking. But everything actually turned out really well; they were super friendly and chatty with everyone at the wedding and we even ended up having some extra time to do some sightseeing. Though for the record, a special exhibition at the Art Institute on a weekend is essentially my Vietnam. (I've lived a very sheltered life.)

So anyway, congratulations to the new married couple, and here's hoping they continue to live in the building with the amazing pool.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?