<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Gone Baptizin'

My nephew was baptized yesterday. But you probably already know that, because the media coverage has been so intense. Perhaps it has something to do with our decision to make Ben Affleck's nanny his godmother, who can say? But I have to say, it was nice to be featured in Star magazine's Normal/Not Normal column for once.

Anyway, the young man was honored to become a part of the One True Church. The celebration involved a full Catholic mass (as so many good parties do), a little bit of water and a little bit of oil (but boy, those two did NOT mix), and a nice dinner at a reasonably-priced family restaurant. The guest of honor went off menu for a bottle of breast milk. It was all a fine time.

I am one of the godfathers, so I am responsible for the little scamp's spiritual upbringing, a role to which I am of course uniquely suited. I've been brushing up on the old testament, which is why I no longer wear clothing woven from more than one kind of cloth and spend most of my time stoning adulterers. So far, however, all I had to do is stand there. Oh, and anoint him with oil. Which clearly I would have been doing anyway.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?