<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Fringe Benefits

I appear to have worked myself dumb. I have reached the point where I am so tired that I look at words and do not comprehend what they mean. We’re not talking hard legal words, either, just your everyday words like “defendant,” “kilograms,” and “crack.” It’s never good to finish reading a page and realize that, for all you know, it could contain the story of Paris Hilton and the Three Bears, because you have managed to not comprehend any of it.

It may be a sign of low job satisfaction when you find yourself envying the criminal defendants you read about in cases. Because, man, that eight to ten for being a murderous crack ho is looking pretty good to me right about now. I mean, aside from the tacky decor and subpar food service, what you’re really dealing with is a big stretch of quiet time. Imagine all the reading I could get done.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?