<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Spring Thaw

Today it is finally, finally, finally pleasant outside in the city of Chicago. It’s the kind of day that makes you feel like going for a long aimless walk in the park or a long aimless drive with the windows rolled down, although the latter can probably get you shot in Chicago. I have to admit it was very difficult for me to force myself to return to work after lunch today. I briefly considered swapping identities with the kid highlighting Kafka on a park bench or the guy handing out religious leaflets on the corner just to get some more outside time, but I couldn’t convince them that they wanted to read poorly-drafted legal materials in a freezing office all afternoon. Too bad, because I think I could have reshaped the worlds of bleak German literature and proselytization, respectively, immeasurably. It’s really the world’s loss.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?