<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Odds ‘N Ends

The Chicago Historical Society – History is fun when it involves making fun of costumed guides and almost maiming yourself by climbing around on a railroad car without supervision. I’m just waiting for them to add the Women’s Suffrage Thrill Ride and Lincoln: The IMAX Experience.

Requiem for a Dream – I realize that everyone else saw this movie like four years ago, but I was probably too busy seeing Erin Brockovich for the seventh time. Anyway, it’s good, in a so-depressing-you-want-to-kill-yourself kind of way.

The GAP – I swear to God I will let you know if I need some help. Now back away before I strangle you with these stress free khakis.

Job Interviews – Not fun from anyone’s perspective. When I was the interviewee, I was once subjected to a twenty minute conversation about hats. Now that I’m an interviewer, I mainly just talk about myself a lot. I like to think of it as affordable therapy.

One Tree Hill – It’s like Dawson’s Creek without the foreplay. And can we please pass legislation to bar MTV VJs from making awkward attempts to act? Because I hear Sway is planning a revival of Sweet Charity.

E-mail Etiquette – What is the proper response when receiving someone’s “funny forward” (most likely about cats or our enjoyable stereotypes of lawyers)? I have to stop short of murder, right?

Salad Spinners – Cool because they allow you to put things in your salad that defeat the point of having salad. I like the potato chip/gummy worm salad with chocolate dressing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?