<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Out and About

– The State of the Union. Honestly, can you believe this show is still on the air? Okay, we get it, you hate old people and gays, great. And the casting is downright horrible – that robot is so not believable as Laura Bush.

– Gravity’s Rainbow. I’m only a hundred pages in and I’ve already been treated to a journey through the inner workings of a toilet and a sadomasochistic threesome modeled on the Hansel & Gretel story. No wonder the cover calls it one of the great works of the 20th century.

– The Super Bowl. The day when America salutes the highest in athletic achievement by sitting on its collective ass and eating hot wings by the bucket. Too bad I had money on it – I had Hilary Swank to win the whole thing.

– Duty Calling. Over my strong protests, I have been elected a fire warden for my office. Given the fact that I have been at lunch or on a coffee break for the last three or four drills, it seems pretty certain that we’re all going to die.

– Saturday Night Live. Now that Paris Hilton has hosted, I think we can be pretty sure this show has not only jumped the shark but full-on humped it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?