<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 17, 2005

Feel the Love

I love it when people leave cryptic phone messages. You know, the type that, with no explanation of the reason for the call or narrative content of any kind are delivered with an urgency typically reserved for those who have fallen down wells and invariably end with "call me back as soon as you get this." The type that, once returned, generally result in a forty-five minute conversation about farm subsidies or the eighth grade band trip to Branson or something equally banal. The type that pit your social politeness skills against your very instincts for self preservation. Yeah, there’s no real story here, I just love those.

I also love being harassed on the street about my commitment to the environment. If I didn’t understand our need to shift to cleaner forms of energy so as to ensure our future ability to breathe before, being indefinitely detained outside the GAP definitely brought it home to me. I think the rhetoric was especially effective once it shifted to whether or not I would agree to just run to Starbucks and buy the lobbyist a cup of coffee. Mother Earth is lucky to have such fine friends.

But my greatest love of all? Still reserved for the Tom Cruise Insanity Tour 2005. The proposal in Paris has added an element of unoriginality to go with the already well-practiced unbelievability of it all. If Katie’s not knocked up and babbling dazedly about L. Ron by the time War of the Worlds opens, then frankly someone’s just not trying.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?