<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 03, 2005

Salad Days

You know it's going to be a good day when your weather.com forecast is ten days straight of scattered thunderstorms. I mean, not that they're really ever right, it's just not the best as far as omens go.

It's been a rough week, largely due to my readjustment to getting up at 6:15 each day. I have to get to work early or they won't let me have my extra Friday off every two weeks. Stingy bastards. This has resulted in a startling spike in my purchases of the 32-oz diet coke and several episodes of stunning surliness, including a brief yelling incident when a coworker forgot to return my tape dispenser. I'm just a much nicer person when I sleep, okay?

Matters have not been helped by my decision to eat only salad for dinner this week. This is what I hate about produce -- it goes bad so quickly that you have to make a commitment to several continuous evenings of garden-fresh goodness unless you want a bag of rot in your fridge. I do feel much healthier, though. My doctor's just making shit up when he says "the liver turns alcohol into cholesterol," right?

I would seriously consider crawling under my desk for a nap right now if there weren't a space heater, air purifier, and whole mess of mysterious-looking wires down there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?