<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Dodging Bullets

-- Live 8. Who better than a group of unwashed musicians to end world poverty? Bono's whimsical eyewear budget alone could feed half of Africa.

-- Literacy. My office has recently started a book club. It's just like Oprah's, but with beer instead of Toni Morrison. And we count Star Magazine as a book.

-- Skin Care. At least five conversations in the past two days have included the phrase "man, you are really tan." Maybe it's time to haul my ass indoors before I reach Oompah Loompah territory.

-- Seaworthiness. On my friend's boat the other day they let me tie several knots and even pretend I was steering for a while. I'm thinking of joining the merchant marines, so long as they don't go any farther than Dawson's Creek.

-- LOGO. Viacom just launched its new "gay channel." Wait a minute, isn't that what Bravo is for?

-- Adoption. Angelina Jolie just grabbed up another baby for some much deserved field-frolicking with Brad. Do you think she'd consider giving a cute little 27-year-old a home? I could probably pass for Ethiopian, if necessary.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?