<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Profundity Banished

Can I just say again how much I love MTV's Made? Okay, not always; watching some prissy popular chick whine about blisters and broken fingernails while she learns to skate holds very little appeal for me. But I love the ones where they take some total helpless case and try to teach him or her little social niceties like not standing on top of someone when you talk to them and not dressing up like Gandalf for your senior prom. Today, for instance, I saw one where they took this hulking wreck of a girl and bought her some skirts and taught her how not to terrify boys. And she got not one but two invitations to prom! I started to tear up a little bit right there. And not just because she had huge, obvious tan lines. It was because MTV changed her life!

My life, meanwhile, continues much the same. Friday we went to Ravinia, which is always pretty fun. It was the CSO playing Stravinsky and Dvorak, which allowed me to regress to my second chair violist days and wax poetic about primitivism and the symphonic form. Plus there were multiple bottles of red wine, which would probably make even a Kathie Lee Gifford/John Tesh double billing palatable. Yesterday we got in some beach time and went to my friend's birthday party, where not only did we find ample PBR but also did that weird thing where you dance in someone's living room. Sadly, it turns out the kids no longer very frequently do the Macarena.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?