<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Lost in Translation

My printer has, without warning, begun occasionally converting my documents to the Cyrillic alphabet. At least, I assume it is the Cyrillic alphabet; I of course have no working knowledge of Russian, and last week I assumed that the Rock n' Roll McDonald's was Lenin's Tomb. But regardless, my cases are being reduced to masses of bizarre-looking squiggles. I'm pretty sure it's not just that I've forgotten how to read.

It's sort of a tumultuous time in the life of Jay. I'm turning out roughly one billion legal memos a day (and they contain the finest prose this side of a Meow Mix commercial, let me tell you) and answering hundreds of bizarre and panicked phone calls, many of which I'm not even sure are for me (my name isn't Karen, right?). I'm also trying to revise some sketches for my writing class show, which involves incorporating all sorts of helpful feedback like "I really liked your font" and "that part at the end was really funny." Add to that the glittering whirl of my day-to-day social life (watching Netflix in flannel pants has never been so glamorous), and you've got a recipe for, well, something. I'm just like Jackie O, but without the hats, personal tragedy, or fame.

Maybe my printer is possessed. What a lucky break, just in time for Halloween!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?