<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Men at Work

Lately I've been lacking the inspiration to blog on weekdays. I think part of it is that I feel constrained by the desire to not get fired; as hilarious as the unnecessarily impassioned LEXIS lady (legal research is a holy war, I swear!) or the obsessive-compulsive secretary on my floor who looks like a Muppet ("h" is for "hand washing," I guess) may be, I can't help but feel that detailed reporting on them might adversely affect my bottom line. I mean, I worry that if I start pointing out that culottes are not, strictly speaking, business casual, I could find myself going unemployed casual all the time.

Heck, they could probably fire me just for all the Kelly Clarkson that's been coming out of this office lately. I mean, we're talking the first album here, people. It's not pretty, and neither were those highlights.

I suppose I could write about the other stuff going on in my life. For instance, I went to a potluck dinner on Sunday. The dish I brought was a bottle of wine. In my book, that beats a tater tot casserole any day. There was a lot of big talk about playing Boggle, but it never happened. I want to make it clear that I could take any and all of you at Boggle. Even you, Stephen Hawking. He's a big fan of the site.

Last night I had my writing class at Second City. We're putting together a revue that will go up early next year. I'm pushing for it to be loosely based on the Book of Leviticus, but you know how short-sighted people can be. I don't know what I'm going to do with all those great songs I wrote about atonement.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?