<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

This Week In Competence

Huge filing at work yesterday, which involved hours of me trying rather fruitlessly to understand the colossal importance of subheadings being properly spaced and case names not being abbreviated within sentences. Another job of mine was carrying pages of text from the person editing them to the typist several offices down. Trust me, it was important. Oh, and I think I may have developed scoliosis from bending over the record for so long without any break. It's okay; I hear curvature of the spine is totally an "in" look for Winter.

Today I did some client interviews. I always end up talking way too much during those things and by the time we're done they know all about my fourth grade trip to the Illinois State Museum (Justin Ketzler got his shoelaces caught in the escalator and started crying) but I still don't really know anything about their lawsuit. So I tried to keep a lid on it. At the expense of one truly excellent anecdote about the time I met Tony Danza.

It also turns out I really don't know how to use my work phone. I mean, I guess we kind of knew that because I keep hanging up on people when I try to change lines, but today I had to call long distance and I repeatedly got internal extensions instead. Nice to be talking to the chairman of the firm when you're looking for an elderly fraud plaintiff. I really think I've reached my professional peak and it's time for me to retire.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?