<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Karaoke Party 2000!!!!

My friend Chrissy had a birthday party last night at Parrot's Bar and Grill, which is possibly the finest bar in Chicago. They have $6 pitchers and free popcorn, and a back room that looks like your parents' basement. (Since most people learn how to drink in someone's parents' basement, it's a pretty comfortable feel.) There's wood paneling everywhere, and an occasionally functional electric dart machine. In short, it is the perfect place for a very special celebration.

Chrissy and Grant cut the birthday cake, which is of course a Baskin Robbins creation. It's sort of hard to see here, but it has a picture of an anorexic unicorn on it. They're so much prettier when you can see their ribs.
Special occasions call for cheap cigars. Here, Caitlin enjoys secondhand smoking my Swisher Sweet, which I am still tasting today.
I also got to wear a party hat. In this picture, it looks like I am strangling Roommate Liz. Although I was upset about our inability to perform "I've Had The Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing, I did not in fact express my feelings through violence.
What would a birthday be without a little synchronized dancing? Very sad, that's what.
Kristen takes the karaoke mic for a stirring performance that earned her a score of 87, a full six points better than my rendition of "The Greatest Love of All." Obviously, the scoring was deeply, deeply racist.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?