<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Up, Down, and Around Town

-- The Alito Confirmation Hearings. I feel like I should be buying insurance from this guy, not listening to him dodge any question more probing than "can you please state your name?"

-- Brokeback Mountain. Proof that America is ready to embrace a movie about gay men. So long as they're gay men who suffer a lot and have sex with women.

-- Better Living Through Chemistry. Yesterday I vigorously applied a moisturizer to which I appear to be allergic. The afternoon of swelling and changing colors was both fun and productive, however.

-- Year End Best-Of Lists. The perfect opportunity to show everyone how much smarter you are than them. Make sure to include that Serbian short film about the blind manicurist who becomes addicted to Scrabble.

-- Glasses Days. The best barometer for everyone at my office as to what kind of night I had the night before. I'm not saying eyewear equals debauchery, but I did stay up pretty late watching that Abdomenizer infomercial last night.

-- Angelina Jolie's Pregnancy. At this rate she'll be able to set up her own mini-UN of children, only 25% more effective than the real UN!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?