<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What Dreams May Come

I had a dream last night that I was in a celebrity hot dog eating contest. Pierce Brosnan was in it (classy), and Gwyneth Paltrow (?), and Star Jones (natch). I was a fairly good bet to place despite choking on some sauerkraut early on, but even in the dream I kept thinking "Why am I in a celebrity hot dog eating contest? I haven't even been locally famous since I quit that kids' news show in the 9th grade. And why is Betty White eating footlongs like it's her job?"

I think I need to stop eating right before bed. Or maybe it's the tequila shooters, who knows?

Real life has been considerably less interesting. I have just been officially subjected to the delightful concept known as billable hours, which means that I now hesitate to breathe unless it can be charged directly to a client. Lunch with friends, hours of carefree blogging, quick trips to Walgreens to replace the kiwi-flavored chapstick I accidentally bought --things that were formerly fun distractions are now filthy little time thieves. The one positive thing is that it's much easier to see how you're wasting your life when you break it up into tenth-of-an-hour segments.

All right, I've got a lot of serious thinking to do. Thinking in the tub with the toaster.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?