<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 01, 2006

Postcards from the Edge

Sometimes I like to think I'm being edgy when really I'm just not funny.

For instance, I'm working on a very secret case at work that I'm not allowed to tell people about. So when people ask what it's about I say something weird, like "Well, I can't really tell you, but I'll give you a hint: Oprah raped someone."

Invariably, people just stare at me or turn around and walk away.

Or I'll fixate on something that cracks me and only me up, like the fact that my mortgage broker sent me a popcorn tub as a housewarming gift with the message "Congrats on your new hom!" The fact that there is a person out there in the world who does not know how to spell "home" is hilarious to me. And no one else. But I refer to it as my "hom" all the time now, and to the lovely gift as my "homcorn." What are people supposed to do with that?

Plus I watched most of Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit not once but twice this weekend. It started out as ironic enjoyment of a pre-rage Lauryn Hill, but then I found myself humming along. And learning a little bit of the choreography. Damn it, those inner city teens are just so adorable!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?