<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Stability Personified

I'm going through kind of a weird era in my life, and by "weird era" I mean that I was actually on the verge of tears the other day because my dentist had to cancel my cleaning at the last minute and couldn't get me in again until November. Recently I find myself becoming sad at the drop of the hat, at least if it's a really nice hat and it gets damaged in the fall. Though I've never been the type to cry at Kleenex commercials or become moved by the exploits of television characters, I am shocked to find myself genuinely worrying about whether Flavor Flav is choosing the woman who really is right for him or whether the nice lady in the meadow with all the flowers will be able to rid herself of that not so fresh feeling. I'd blame hormones, but I am twenty-eight years old. It seems like puberty should have ended a while ago.

Or maybe it's just a lifelong process. Looking at the older people I know, I don't necessarily see the "stability" or "maturity" my eighth grade health teacher promised me would occur. I see people who cheat on their husbands with barbacks or pay more attention to their fantasy football leagues than their children. I see people who drink until they puke Jager all over the bathroom attendant at Hi-Tops. I see people who don't realize that MTV stopped being for them about fifteen years ago.

Actually, come to think of it, I really like those people.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?