<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

At the Movies

This weekend I finally saw Mommie Dearest, which left me with many questions. First, did they really intend to make a comedy about child abuse? Second, how did Faye Dunaway manage to do that with her face? Third, did the actress who played adult Christina actually suffer some sort of head wound, or did make a conscious choice to never ever change her tone of voice? And finally, why didn't I ever get ponies at my birthday party? I mean, sure, Christina had to take a few hanger thrashings after all the guests had gone home, but those ponies were pretty sweet. The cake looked pretty nice, too.

After watching the movie, I did a bunch of Internet "research" to try and find out if Joan Crawford was really a complete and total loon or not, but it was fairly inconclusive. There was a fun bit about her supposedly adopting two similar-looking girls and claiming they were twins so she could get more publicity, but I didn't independently verify that information. I did, however, learn that the actress who plays Helga the Maid in the movie is also Large Marge in Pee Wee's Big Adventure and that the exterior of the house in the movie was also used in an episode of Designing Women. Ahh, Wikipedia, is there anything you don't know?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?