<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Big Chill

It is presently about negative forty-two degrees in my office. I didn't bring a jacket with me today, since it's actually really nice outside (you know, the part of the world that isn't allegedly temperature controlled), so I'm sitting here with my suit jacket on over my polo shirt. I look like I'm on Miami Vice, except colder. I wish I had gloves or a space heater, though. Man, oh man, would that be a good time.

Luckily, I'm taking off momentarily, since my improv class has a show tonight. For the past several weeks we've been doing twenty minute improv sets, which seem to consist mainly of audience members shouting "bathroom" or "condom" when asked for suggestions. Sometimes I talk in funny voices, too. Because I'm an artist, you see.

And speaking of art, Roommate Liz and I watched the ABC Family premiere of Bring It On: All or Nothing last night. While it lacked the scrunched-up-face brilliance that Kirsten Dunst brought to the original in this series, it did have the benefit of Beyonce's weird-looking sister and ludicrous character shifts to spare. Also I felt it touched on some very important issues of race and class that are seldom so wisely explicated as by Hayden Panettiere. It wasn't just a movie; it was a little slice of America.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?