<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Our Long National Nightmare Has Ended

So I got my DVR repaired this weekend. As it turned out, they were able to salvage all my recordings, so it felt a little bit like Christmas in May, except I got all my back episodes of 30 Rock and The Office instead of socks from my mother. I decided not to bother with catching up on Desperate Housewives, though. Essentially, unless Teri Hatcher gets devoured by wolves, I'm just not that interested any more. I guess I would also accept spontaneous human combustion, although I would prefer to know that there was suffering involved.

Making the resurgence of my DVR especially important is a little news item forwarded to me by Roommate Liz today. (Probably the word "news" should be in quotes, given what is about to follow.) Apparently, VH1 is going to air a program in which we, as viewers, are allowed to cast the next I Love New York program. Of course, everyone will have their own criteria for selecting suitors, but I personally will be looking for 1) incorporation of wigs and/or prosthetics, 2) interest in or enthusiasm for a hip hop career, and of course 3) borderline personality disorders. But that's not all! Apparently, one Sanjaya is rumored to be a candidate for New York's attentions. This may well be reality television nirvana, people. Throw in Puck from the Real World and the universe may well just fold in upon itself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?