<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Miscellany

I have a floater secretary today whose boobs go seriously down to her waistline, such as it is. It is rather distracting. Also, when she was entering my time she typed in my notes to her as part of the narrative, resulting in an entry that included the phrases "PLEASE CHECK THIS" and "GET CLIENT/MATTER NUMBER FROM SHANNON." Rather than trying to explain the problem with this to her, I decided simply to wait until my real secretary gets back. She may bolt out the door at 4:45 sharp each day, but at least she gets the job done while she's here.

Of course, my friend Bethany has had 1) a secretary who answered her phone "Ms. Bethany's office" and deleted several spreadsheets in their entirety, 2) a secretary who lied to her about having a second career as a criminologist, and 3) a secretary who took a half day "to mourn the death of James Brown" and transcribes email addresses as "dot corns" rather than "dot coms." So all in all, I think I'm getting a bargain.

I have also discovered gmail chat, which threatens my productivity in a very significant way. It is difficult to focus on contracts and securities law when your friend Steve (everyone has a friend Steve) is assailing you with his trenchant analysis of the remaining Flavor of Love: Charm School contestants. I really think Saaphyri might have this one wrapped up, by the way.

Also there is a hot glue gun lying out on one of the credenzas on this floor. Could there be a craft-making bandit at large? Lord help us.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?