<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 07, 2007

Tennis, Anyone?

I'm going to say just a few words on the subject of how much I hate Justine Henin. First of all, when she was starting out, the commentators kept referring to her as the "stylish Belgian teen," which doesn't win you any friends. Then there was the whole business of her retiring in the middle of the final of a major as though it were just the Des Moines Teen Tennis Jamboree. Oh, and that "Ole!" crap, good lord the "Ole!" crap. Just once I wish she'd get gored by a bull when she doers that.

I like the Williams sisters, though, mainly because I love black people. It's the same reason I like Flavor of Love and That's So Raven. Also I'm pretty sure either one of them could kill me with her bare hands, or more likely her thighs. Ouch.

Federer I can't really say I hate just because no one that boring could ever really inspire any sort of strong emotion on my part. I feel like he could magically transform the ball into the severed head of Jennifer Love Hewitt and I would still be bored. Though also strangely titillated, of course.

Overall, I'm just sad the Open is ending and that we'll have to go back to boring old regular TV for a while. Aren't we due for another Project Runway yet?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?