<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Weekly Reader

I have been given an enormous honor. Bigger than that time I won a Tony for portraying Anne Frank. I have been asked to read at my friend Jodi's wedding this weekend in Jacksonville, Florida. It's a natural fit for me, because I've been reading for years. Sometimes without even moving my lips. Okay, so maybe I wanted to sing "What I Did For Love" from A Chorus Line while she walked down the aisle, but I'll settle for this. There could still be jazz hands involved.

The selected passage is from Colossians, which is not too shabby. I was kind of hoping for some "Love is Patient, Love is Kind" action, but oh well. The selected passage is utterly devoid of those hard-to-pronounce Biblical names, which I appreciate. If I were getting married I'd force someone to read the genealogy of Jesus just to mess with them. All that begatting and so forth with people named Jehosaphat and Marxfygcvy. Always a good laugh at Christmastime.

Do you think it would be frowned upon if I decided just to improvise?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?