<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Mr. Baseball

It has been a bad week to be a Cubs fan. It has been an even worse week to live with my sister, who loves the Cubs but flies into a violent rage whenever they screw up, as they have in fact occasionally been known to do. Thursday night I came home mid-tirade, as she forcefully calculated the amount we were paying each player per ground out and double play. I tried to cheer her up with my brand new Nancy Grace impression (the product of several Miller Lites and a whole lot of linguistic skill), but she would have none of it. I attempted an obscure yet hilarious America's Next Top Model reference -- Cycle 2, I believe -- but she merely announced that she "guessed she couldn't take it quite as lightly as I could." I ended up just going to bed after being assured that in fact she would not be over this any time soon. I dreamt that Ann Coulter was trying to eat me that night.

Today has gone better, so far, in terms of my sister's disposition if not in terms of the Cubs' play. I think it has a lot to do with the drinking. Also I made some mozz sticks. Who can stay mad when there are mozz sticks?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?