<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks

Is anyone else watching the Macy's parade? Well, maybe "watching" is the wrong word, since I just did a hearty regime of ab exercises while enduring the Jonas Brothers' "performance," but I do have it in on the background. I always enjoy the annual juxtaposition of American History and Al Roker, as in "Up next, the First Thanksgiving float, featuring the song stylings of Ne-Yo!" It's reassuring to know that even the most beloved of American holidays isn't immune from the crass commercial impulse to sell a few more Hannah Montana CDs.

Anyway, I'm back in Quincy for the holiday. Yesterday I went to six different discount stores (even one is too many) in search of Christmas cards to deconstruct for the delight of my friends and well wishers. The good news is that the cable system here recently got Bravo, so I didn't have to miss Project Runway. (The enthusiasm for Sarah Jessica Parker's presence was the most excitement I've seen about a horse since Barbaro broke his leg.) Today the plan is to take my 96-year-old grandmother out for dinner and then possibly watch a movie. We live hard here, that's for sure.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?