<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oscar Talk

Did anyone catch the big ceremony on Sunday? My sister and I had a party, and by "party" I mean that we both sat in the living room doing other things while it played in the background. The good news was that I got a whole lot of reading done.

The bad news was that for the first time in a long time, I really didn't care that much about any of it. The only one of the nominated movies I'd seen was Juno, and that inspired only the most lukewarm of feelings in me. Although I did enjoy seeing someone in a leopard skin dress win an Oscar. She looked as though she'd made a trip to the Deb.

The whole thing did seems shorter than usual to me, although that may be because I went to take a bath during the whole long part in the middle with all the boring technical awards. I betcha that Helen Mirren wished she could do the same thing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?