<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 13, 2009

Alanis-Style Irony

It seems like ever since I got an HD TV there hasn't been anything on worth watching. Forgive me, but I somehow don't feel the need to see Tool Academy pop out of my screen in high resolution. If I even flip past CNN I fear I will fall into the crags on Larry King's face. And it turns out they didn't even film Golden Girls reruns in HD. (I had assumed they reassembled the cast with a fabulous array of padded jackets and refilmed everything for this brave new era.) I mean, I get kind of a kick out of The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer with Jessica Alba's horrible line readings as sharp and clear as ever one could imagine, but is it too much to ask for a good movie to be on HBO every now and then?

Ah, who am I kidding? It's Friday night and I just watched a good half of The Rules of Attraction, a movie I didn't even like the first time I saw it. I'm frankly too tired even to change the channel. I've reached the point where successfully grocery shopping on a Friday night is a huge night out for me. And even then I forgot the butter. 31 is going to be a very exciting age.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?