<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Tales of Travels

I just got back from three days in New York for work. I have many observations to share from this trip. I would have shared them earlier but for my first observation, which is that hotels that cost $250 a night have no business charging an additional $16.50 for internet access. Also their rooms should probably be bigger than my office, but hey, I don't like to quibble. At least they had trendy desk lamps. Who doesn't need a trendy desk lamp?

On my flight out I had the pleasure of landing at LaGuardia twice. They landed, and then picked up speed again and took off instead of taxiing to a stop. We received not a word of explanation. I swear to god I momentarily thought I was being hijacked, hopefully to somewhere warm and sunny. But no, they were just concerned about "excessive winds" on our first landing, and decided to circle around for fifteen minutes and try again. It was like the worst ride Six Flags ever conceived of.

On my flight back I had the pleasure of flying with not one but two high school spring break trips. Let me tell you that air travel is definitely not improved by having a 15-year-old named Heather running up and down the aisles and repeatedly asking the stewardesses for more plastic cutlery. Or by the reruns of The Big Bang Theory, for that matter. But again, I don't like to quibble.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?