<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 03, 2009

Current Events

I think my front yard may be cursed. Well, again, it's more of a strip than a yard, because you couldn't fit more than three Oprahs in it, but regardless, it appears that nothing green can live there. We had I think three sets of sod meet their untimely demise there and now the ferns we planted are beginning to wilt. I tried some major plant doctoring this weekend, but we'll see. Maybe there's some ancient evil object buried there, like a VHS copy of Hook or Strom Thurmond.

My sister moved back in with me this weekend. This is great news, although it does mean I will never be productive again. Last night we did a careful textual analysis of a Taylor Swift video and tried to pause The Grudge 2 at the exact moment when Sarah Michelle Gellar's career died. Tonight we watched the Cubs game and played about six rounds of Dr. Mario. Of course, when I'm living alone I usually end up playing Facebook Scramble all night long or polishing off a bottle of red with a friend, so it's not like this is a big change accomplishment wise.

We also had a visit from the air conditioning man this morning. Unlike previous AC men, however, he did not see his job as involving an educational aspect. He spent his whole half hour here without a lecture or exhortation to speak of. And yet somehow the air is still running. That's some science that I can believe in.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?