<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Workin' It

So it looks like my gym is closing. This will be the third gym to close for me in as many years. I'm beginning to think it's something I'm putting out there. Are my exorbitant demands for shampoo in the shower area causing health clubs to go broke? Does my diet just make fitness centers want to give up? Or maybe it's the guy who feels the need to grunt loudly and clap his hands together repeatedly while riding the stationary bikes. Yeah, he kind of makes me want to close up shop, too.

The problem now, though, is that having closed all three gyms that were once near my office building, I don't really have anything left to choose from. There's a couple of places near my home but, let's face it, I barely spend enough time here to choose a dry cleaner that's nearby, much less a place I at least aspire to visit daily. I've thought about someplace on the way to or from work (well, I guess the ways to and from work are pretty much the same, geography being more or less a stationary target), but I feel like that will generally involve a commitment to awaking before eight that I can't really live up to.

Perhaps they'll make a one time exception and let me join the Curves for Women. I'm down to that or a series of gentle stretches at my desk.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?