<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Appalachian Trail

So it turned out that work was sending me to the foothills of some mountain range, which for lack of a better idea of what it was I decided was the Appalachians. It was seriously a town so small they had no national fast food chain. Honestly, they couldn't even interest a Dairy Queen. Although it turned out there were two hotel options, the Country Inn & Suites and the Hampton Inn. Since I'm a little bit country, I chose the former.

There was a two hour drive from Buffalo involved. Well, it should have been a one and a half hour drive, but my GPS got me lost three times. I actually think it was fucking with me. It kept telling me to turn off of the route it itself had designated. And when I did, it would chastise me with a "calculating route," as though I had just decided to blow off its instructions and go rogue. Yes, I had a screaming fight with the GPS, I'm not going to deny it.

I ended up missing my flight back from Buffalo because the deposition went long. I stayed an extra night at the Hilton Garden Inn across from the airport and ordered more room service than I knew what to do with. Even the server was embarrassed carrying the tray into my room. She kept looking around for three or four more people who might be able to help me eat it. But no, just me, and a plate of nachos as big as your head.

I did fly first class on the way back, which was nice. Kind of a waste for a one and a half hour flight, but nice. I had like three Diet Cokes. Because that's just how I roll.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?