<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Saga Continues...

I went to see my GP today to check on little Hank or Ingrid's progress. Unfortunately, there wasn't much he could tell me, other than that it was good that I wasn't having much pain, which I sort of figured. But while I was there he decided to take two vials of blood and a cup of urine, just for the heck of it. I am getting very good at giving up my bodily fluids. I thought about offering him a vial of saliva for good measure, but I figured that was more of a fourth or fifth date thing. He also suggested that I get another CAT scan, which should provide me with a much needed opportunity to put on a paper gown and take deep breaths in the middle of the day. In my view, you can never have too many CAT scans.

I had to ask for more pain meds, which made the visit somewhat awkward. I always feel like they think I'm smashing them up and snorting them or selling them on the street or something. I explained that I had only been given about twenty and that it had already been a week, but I could tell he was checking me out for signs of addiction. It probably didn't help when I screamed out "you just gotta give me my fix, doc, I swear I'll do anything."

I fear I am starting to get somewhat tired of my visitor.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?