<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Recovery

So I got in to my parents' house at 12:45 last night, which was kind of weird. I didn't want to wake anyone up so I snuck in as quietly as possible, something I hadn't really done since that time in high school when my friend Jeanne and I drank a four pack of Bartles & James wine coolers and hid the empty bottles in the Get Along Gang Caboose box in her basement. Of course, my dog has super sensitive hearing honed by many years of listening for someone to open potato chips, so she woke up and barked for approximately the next six hours. I did somehow manage to get to sleep, but I had to be up at 8 this morning to telecommute to work. Why is vacation always so much damn work?

This break should serve several important purposes, however. First, I will get to visit my grandmother, who tragically finds accounts of my life to be entertaining. Second, I will get caught up on sleep and exercise, so as to stave off my horrifying descent into Oompah Loompahism. Third, I will play the piano, as I feel that with just a little bit of effort I can finally redeem my third grade performance of Fur Elise. Finally, my joints will recover from the weeks-long assault of the Wii, which has left me essentially paralyzed. Some day I shall walk without pain again.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?