<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Felicitous

I don't know of any way to break this gently so I'm just going to say it: I have recently watched the entire first season of Felicity. And started on the second. I'm not proud of it, but it just sort of happened. Maybe it was the lure of those long curly locks, maybe I had a little crush on Felicity's cool black friend with the weird boobs who you don't understand why she hangs out with any of these people, maybe I just wanted to go back to a simpler time when people actually cared that Felicity lost her V-card to some random art student she barely even knew instead of Ben or Noel or even Javier for God's sake, just some random dude played by Simon Rex. I don't know. But I watched it. And damn it, I'm going to keep right on watching. What do I have to be ashamed of? It's not like I'm recording audio cassettes of me overthinking everything to send to the disembodied voice of Janeane Garofalo or anything.

It is kind of hilarious to be reminded of how people dressed back then, though. It is like the concept of fit had not been invented yet. Mom jeans galore, huge baggy flannel shirts and sweaters, all sorts of shapeless tops -- it looks as though the entire cast was obscuring a pregnancy for the entire run of the series. Then there's Felicity's purse, which is a tiny leather backpack that she actually wears slung over her back. And let's not forget all the fine courdury shirts on display.

If I could, though, I would definitely enroll in the University of New York, though. It's worth it for all the Dean & Deluca alone.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?