<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Homecomings

So I'm going to Quincy this coming weekend to see my 98-year-old grandmother, who has at long last been released from the nursing home! I was of course suspicious at first that there had been some sort of jailbreak, but I have it on good authority that this is legit. I'm guessing they finally got tired of hearing about how terrible the food was. I know she was certainly tired of asking for permission to use the bathroom. And I was tired of having to cover myself in hand sanitizer both coming and going. So I think this works out for everyone!

My mother tells me that my grandmother began cleaning wildly as soon as she got home, which shows that she's feeling much more like herself. She has gotten quite handy with her little wheely-walker, which has a basket on the front that she can carry things in. If it were up to me, I'd get her some streamers for the handlebars, too, but it appears that it is definitely not up to me. I have to admit that I'm a bit concerned that she won't be able to get caught up on The Young and the Restless after so many months away, but I figure nothing ever really happens on the soaps, anyway, right? I can keep up with Days of Our Lives on a twice a year basis, so I think she'll be okay.

I'm headed out by train Thursday night, which is usually an experience in and of itself. I'm thinking there's a 90% chance of awkward small talk.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?