<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Oscar Talk

So my take on the Oscars this year might be a bit skewed by the fact that I was 1) fairly buzzed and 2) talking over them for much of the evening. But that being said, I thought they were fucking fantastic. My favorite part, I think, was where I threatened to cut a stranger because she complimented Vera Farmiga's dress. The part where I mixed Mountain Dew and vodka during the dance number to the best score nominees was also pretty rad, though.

As far as the actual telecast went, I suppose it was fine, although I'm not sure where they got the idea that America loves production numbers. Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin seemed strangely MIA, which may well be the most effective hosting strategy. I enjoyed the crazy lady who stormed the stage to mumble incoherently into the mic, thereby fulfilling my own lifetime dream. I also liked the fact that Miley Cyrus dressed like some sort of Opryland hooker. The winners were all largely expected, although also strangely infuriating in some cases.

I did not win the Oscar pool this year (which amounted to a whole $7!), however, I think because I irrationally chose shocking upsets while under the influence. Unless it turns out that Matt Damon did win for Best Song. Everything turned out all right, though, because Roommate Liz took the prize and used it to pay for part of our joint cab ride home. I would like to thank the Academy for that, I guess.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?