<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break Madness

Eventful times here. I have been to see my grandmother twice, and can happily report that she is doing much better. She is getting in and out of bed all by herself (which is frankly often a struggle for me) and has a rotating staff of stout single mothers to come in and make her breakfast in the morning while she complains about our contemporary lack of values. She is back on an unhealthy diet of CNN and As the World Turns, and even made a few uncomfortable remarks about sex today. In short, she seems quite happy.

I also got a nice run in yesterday, as it was nearly 70 degrees out here. I tried to take the dogs with me, but it turns out they're not so much for running after the first half mile or so. Rather than turn the whole thing into a dragging exercise, I passed them off to my sister, but not before they had managed to wrap me in their leashes and thereby give me rope burns in some very unusual places. But still, I was wearing shorts in March.

We also watched The Informant!, which was okay. I'm all for Matt Damon being fat and having a moustache, but I probably could have used a little bit more rising action. It was fantastic to see the sights and sounds of Decatur, Illinois again, though. If only they were able to convey the smell of soy through the DVD player.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?