<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wed Up

So the wedding madness started last weekend. (Well, technically it started several weeks ago with an engagement party, but the first real wedding was on Saturday.) So far, I give it two thumbs up. The wedding itself was only half an hour long, even though it was a Catholic wedding. It turns out if you cut the wafers and all of the hymning you can get through it much faster. There were several hours between the wedding and reception, but we went to a barbecue place while we were waiting, which I strongly recommend. It made all of the toasting prior to the main course much easier to survive. Then, of course, there was the open bar, and since I wasn't driving, I got nicely toasted myself on a fairly lovely little Cabernet. I said some inappropriate things to several people who were not the bride and groom, lied about my entree selection after realizing that angel hair pasta was about the last thing in the world I wanted to eat, and tried to do the running man to a live band version of "Crazy in Love." All in all, it was a successful night.

Next up is a Memorial Day trip to Baltimore. I'm hoping to take in some of the things Baltimore is best known for, like crime and being close to D.C.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?