<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oh, Canada

So I am kind of getting back into Degrassi right now. As in like literally right now, actually. The Boiling Point marathon is on Teen Nick. And no, I am not embarrassed to be watching a channel called Teen Nick. Well, maybe slightly. But only because I'm afraid people will think I'm a child molester.

Anyway, as usual, there are of course terrible, ridiculous characters that I can't stand having them focus on. (Toby, anyone?) But I sort of love Holly J. She's just the right level of teenage type a bitchiness. Alli is also fairly entertaining because she only makes terrible choices. Also there's something weird about her face I am trying to diagnose. I love a challenge. And God help me, I am starting to enjoy Anya. I can't justify it, so don't ask me.

It's also sort of wonderful to enjoy the strange Canadianess of it all. And I'm not just talking about the accents, although hearing people say "aboot" all the time is kind of a stitch. There's a whole naive worldview as well, in the sense that a "Vegas Night" theme for a school dance is viewed as controversial and BJs in the supply closet as an absolute affront to God and humanity. Oh, and their pop music is totally lame, like sub Vitamin C stuff here. There's a reason Alanis Morissette fled the country, okay?

Anyway, I'm back in. I was out, but I'm back in. I totally feel like dodging the draft and pledging loyalty to the queen.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?