<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Top Chef

I have been cooking this weekend! Well, assisting with cooking. So my role was largely chopping things and watching them to make sure they didn't burn in the oven. But it was fun! It turns out I am kind of handy with a knife and I did not lose any favored appendages. Indeed I was justly praised for the small size and uniform shape of my choppings. Nor did anything burn, although the smoke alarm did go off several times. That led to another job for me -- standing under the alarm and waving a towel to move the invisible smoke away and make the alarm stop going off.

Along with cooking there was also eating. This, I fear, was less successful. I have recently reached a lifetime high weight and am not especially thrilled about it. My clothes for the most part seem to still fit the same way, but I did pop a button off of some pants the other day, which hardly seems like a coincidence. And since I can't really expand my workouts without sacrificing key time I spend working and sleeping, I'm trying to reduce/improve the eating a bit. Well, within the framework of having eaten Chipotle the other day. Maybe I should just concentrate on trying to have a pretty face.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?