<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Oscar Wrap-Up

Well, I hope everyone made millions of dollars using my Oscar predictions. I don't even remember what they were and I'm far too lazy to look back and check, but I'm pretty sure I was 100% right. Picking Raven Symone for best actress each year is just good business sense.

I missed most of the Oscars because I was at work, but I checked Entertainment Weekly's liveblog on my computer every ten minutes or so, so I think I got the gist of it. They were boring, badly dressed, and full of halfhearted snark, right?

The last half hour seemed fairly generic. None of the winners were especially shocking, all of the speeches were excruciatingly polite, and the banter was awkward as all heck. Anne Hathaway was like the prettyish girl from your neighborhood you wish were better in her high school musical. James Franco was clearly on something. And by something I mean pot.

It was kind of fun that I read reactions to all of the dresses on the liveblog before I saw any of them. So I got the idea that Mila Kunis was wearing some amazing stylish gown as opposed to a shredded up purple kleenex. And I had no idea that Amy Adams was wearing my high school's show choir dress. Gwyneth Paltrow they put across pretty well in words, though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?