<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 01, 2011

Current Affairs

Ah, busy times, busy times. First, I saw Transformers 3 last night. It may well have been the biggest waste of time in my entire life, and I was an English major. It's hard to understand how I could be so bored when things were blowing up everywhere, but I was. There was just so much unnecessary, nonsensical plot, something about the moon landing and Russians and robots in disguise, and I still can't even tell the evil robots apart because they're all the same color, and then all of the sudden there was Frances McDormand looking like even she can't believe she wants the paycheck this bad, and Shia LaBeouf talking fast in a way he obviously believes is charming but is really just irritating, and speaking of which I still can't believe he's been around long enough that I've had to learn how to spell his name. Anyway, I've spent a more pleasant two and a half hours in the emergency room with a kidney stone.

Then we had the Paul McCartney concerts at Wrigley for the past two nights. I love when they have concerts there because I can just go up on the roof (or even just open my windows) and it kind of sounds the same as if I were there. Although I suppose this could be a mixed blessing in NKOTBSB decides to come here next year. But anyway, it was kind of a cool concert. He sounds really good for his age and he did almost three hours each night. I can't even work at my desk job for three hours without sneaking in a game of Word Twist.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?