<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 18, 2011

'Tis the Season

We had our firm holiday breakfast last week. It was close on the heels of our building holiday breakfast, but they are not the same thing. The firm breakfast featured waffles, turkey bacon, and an employee gift that provided a full week of elevator small talk. The building breakfast featured student string players, yogurt parfaits that one feared had not been adequately refrigerated, and uncomfortable drafts. Both, of course, were an utter joy. I'm a sucker for trans fats and secretaries in reindeer sweaters, what can I tell you?

I also had the Shakespeare Theatre this week, which I ended up enjoying not so much for the first time ever. It was a non-Shakespeare play by a contemporary writer whose name I have forgotten. The acting was good, but suffice it to say that two hours is more than I want to spend hearing people talk about gender roles. Now if it were cinnamon rolls, it would be a different story.

I'm hoping to head down to see my folks for the holiday sometime this week. Departure date remains very much up in the air, however. Why can't I just have a month's vacation for Christmas like when I was in college and law school? I won't blow it drinking boxed wine and reading young adult fiction this time, I swear.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?