<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Well, That Was Interesting
I just worked literally the entire weekend. As in work until 11 Friday night, work until 11 Saturday night, and I just sent my last email for work about five minutes ago today. I mean, I did take time out for kickboxing yesterday and for a run today, but that was about it. Also for eating, sleeping, and peeing; those I have not yet been able to eliminate entirely, but God willing the science will be there someday.

Of course, if you had to pick a weekend, this would definitely be the one. 80 degrees and sunny in March in Chicago, St. Patrick's Day -- who needs them? I'd much rather listen to the laughter and shouting of revelers drifting up to me from the alley behind my house. Actually, that part's not sarcasm. The thought of being out on Clark Street among throngs of twentysomething amateur drunks makes me want to throw up, and I haven't even touched a drop.

I could use some time off, though, no joke. This year Christmas was wholly subsumed by work for pretty much the first time ever, and Easter is looking a likely casualty as well. Yes, another front has opened up in the War on Christmas. Looks like Jesus is going to have to start packing heat.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?