<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Four Day

So I accidentally gave myself a four-day weekend, which is kind of amazing. To be fair, one of those four days I'm going to spend having a fake molar implanted in my head, so that could be less than 100% awesome, but at least it'll get me out of the office! Tomorrow I have off courtesy of Veteran's Day, which I have to admit I completely forgot about. When I was still in private practice, they didn't even let the actual veterans have it off, so it wasn't really much of a factor in my existence. Now, however, I have big plans to honor those who served our nation by going to the gym and doing laundry.

I'm afraid I can't ascribe any major accomplishments to the weekend so far. I haven't prevented any major acts of terrorism (that I know of) or won any Latin Grammys. I'm planning to do some writing later, but I have to admit that I've been in the planning stages on that one for a while now. I have watched approximately two hours of the Disney Channel today, however, and can accordingly report to you that children's television has really gone downhill. There's nothing with the fully-realized characters or compelling intellectual content of a Lizzie McGuire or a That's So Raven. Now it seems to be mainly twelve-year-old girls who dress like Samantha on Sex in the City and get into comical situations involving slapstick. Sort of like Suddenly Susan for preteens. Clearly, I need to force myself to leave the house now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?